This kiddo does NOT hold still! He/she was flapping those arms like crazy, like a little bird. Pretty excited for when I finally get to feel it. I didn't get to feel Sophie for very long, you know, with her being swollen to triple her size and all.
We talked to billing and found out that with our new insurance plan this year we'll barely have to pay anything to have this baby. We don't have to pay anything for the doctors appointments, only have to pay $20 per ultrasound, and no deductible. With what Aflac will be giving us we'll be making money to have a baby.....again. Aflac for sure was NOT a mistake. We decided to go with this insurance plan this year after having to pay out the nose for Sophie's oxygen last year. Then of course she gets off oxygen right away....figures. So we decided to take advantage of the no deductible and have a baby! Jk We were planning on trying again once I reached my pre-prego weight anyway, so perfect timing.
I recently enrolled in Intermountain Healthcare's "My Health", which is really cool, you can look up your lab results, prescriptions, notes, ask questions, schedule appointments etc. While searching through my history I found this little gem.
Not to be totally random after all the seriousness but Sophie likes spaghetti! She doesn't just lick it, or pretend to eat it like she used to, nope, this big girl is actually eating everything we put in front of her! This picture is showing her second big serving of yummy noodles. So dang proud of this girl. She finally figured out how to move her tongue around to get food from the middle of her mouth to the side so she can chew it, HUGE deal. Now that she has that down she doesn't choke or gag on anything anymore! Except when she puts too much food in her mouth, which she does all the time to test her limits. She's just so excited to be eating. Had to cancel our OT services, which was bittersweet because I love her therapist Johanna, such a sweet girl. But perfect timing because she just had her baby like last week so she would have been on maternity leave anyway. It would have been.......frustrating, to say the least, to have to work with someone new after working with Johanna for a year. One down, two to go. Now she only has Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy to master before baby comes. I'd settle for walking, I don't care much if she's talking. Her conversational babble is absolutely precious.
So a year ago Coden hurt his back, he's done some treatments that haven't worked and two weeks ago it got so bad that he could barely move without screaming. So scary to hear your big, strong hubby screaming in pain. :0( He went to InstaCare, they prescribed him some pain killers, said he should probably get an MRI and sent him on his way. I made him go to the chiropractor hoping they could do something for him, they couldn't do much and in fact Coden was shaking with random chills on our way home. The guy did, however, second the opinion that Coden should get an MRI. Last week Coden had the MRI and they found that he has several bulging discs and degenerative discs or tissue or something like that. Not good. He has to see a special physical therapist to get steroid shots and begin physical therapy to avoid surgery. Get this though, they can't see him until the end of July. So it's like "hey you're back is way messed up, you're going to need surgery unless we help you, but you're going to have to wait two months." Um....ok. We're going to look into seeing if there is anyone in Salt Lake that could at least do the steroid shots.
Coden at the chiropractor.
Sophie entertaining herself at the chiropractor.
Coden enjoying being an invalid in front of the tv.
We had a couple guys from the ward come and move the recliner from Sophie's room to the living room so my Love could be comfy downstairs. When he was really hurting he couldn't sit up straight and laying down was hard because it took a lot of effort to get back up. He still has to sleep on it sometimes when his back starts acting up so we'll be keeping it down here for a while. I was wanting it out of Sophie's room anyway, it's so big and bulky and I have plans for all that extra space! I'm going to need to find someone who's way good at sewing though because the project I have in mind isn't exactly a beginner project, which is about all I can handle.
This is what I want in Sophie's room. It won't be as big, and the shelf part seems easy but I need to find someone else to make the cushions.
It's late and I'm really tired so I'm off to bed. Tonight was actually a great time to update the blog since Coden was watching a really dumb Arnold Schwarzenegger action flick (a new one, dude, you're 65 and wrinkle-faced, stop acting like you're such a bad-a) so I had no trouble concentrating long enough to do this. I just found a bunch of pics of our bike rides, our trip to the zoo and other fun stuff so I'll work on that soon. Thanks for reading!


I love these updates!!
ReplyDeleteAlso the My Health thing sounds pretty cool. I would love to see what my doctors said about Rivers but I couldn't figure out how to register.