
I have been thinking about what to do for Sophie's birthday for a while now and I've finally got it! I was mentioning to Coden that I wanted to make her a ruffly shirt that I found on Pinterest but couldn't decide what color to do because I don't know what I'm doing for decorations yet. He said I should make her a yellow shirt. I immediately pushed the thought aside because I seem to naturally veer toward pink (even when I try not to), but then I thought "wait... I LOVE yellow!" Especially with her beautiful red hair! Then one night I was trying to sleep but had all these birthday ideas floating around in my head. How could I incorporate a yellow shirt into my original plan of pink and cream vintage? I couldn't, well I could but I all of a sudden wanted to go another direction. What if I do everything yellow!! That'd be so bright and cheerful, perfect for a summer birthday. I thought "but what would the theme be?" Then it hit me: You Are My Sunshine! PERFECT, right?! I sing it to her all the time and the words are perfect for her story! "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away." How many cloudy days have we had this past year with Sophie being our only ray of sunshine getting us through? Yeah I'm pretty excited.
(Oh and I know. Random picture. I just know that whenever I read someone's blog I usually read the ones with pictures first. And I'm not gonna lie, she's a cutie patooty (sp?) so I'll use any excuse to show her off!)
Dad used to play that song on his guitar!
ReplyDelete